Food-nomena delivered from around the world!
I love food science, but I also devour food stories that give me a taste of the world’s cultures and connections. Here are five of my favorites this week!
1. If you think salad would be awesome doused in sweet peanut butter sauce, Indonesian food might be just your thing.
2. Each region in India has its own biryani, be it subtle or spicy, saffron-scented or minty. But everywhere, rice lovers are loyal to this royal dish.
3. Japanese comfort food finds a home in Berlin, serving up Japanese-style pancakes, curry and more.
4. Please, sir, I want some more fish and chips… Britons can’t get enough of their ubiquitous national dish.
5. Check out photos of widely different school lunches around the world. I’ll have what the Italian kid is having.
And with these five delicious food-nomena, it’s a global wrap! Till next time!